Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Saturday, June 20, 2020

Dee Snider Claims He's an "Anti Rockstar"

Dee Snider is the well known front man for 80s metal band Twisted Sister. We all have read about how rockstars blow their money on something big when they first make it. Not Snider. He didn't even come close to that.
He maintains his perfect physical shape by practicing a regular fitness routine since the earliest days of Twisted Sister. He also says his great physical shape is what allows him to perform with his full voice even at 65

"I never drank; I never did drugs. Even though my voiceover agent sold me as a cigarette-smoking whiskey drinker, because I've got that husky voice-but that's from screaming my lungs out my whole life." He told Fox 17 Rock & Review in an exclusive interview

He revealed his first major purchase after hitting it big with Sister was not a fancy car or mansion; it was a gym. In the same interview, he said "I was working out and training, even at that point in my life. So I was like the anti-rockstar as far as the lifestyle went. I used to look at my peers and they were sprinting, and I would go "Guys, you do know life is a marathon, right?" I'm not going for 27, I'm going for 87. ... It's definitely benefitted me in the long run."

He has already made plans to stay off the road in 2020. Now he looks like he doesn't have a choice. The massive coronavirus outbreak has grounded all major music events. He's certainly kept himself busy with little projects here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment