Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Friday, October 28, 2022

Rock musicians react to the passing of Queen Elizabeth II

It's a shocking bit of news, but Queen Elizabeth II has passed. It seems her death has even shocked the world of music.

A lot of musicians had expressed their deepest condolences to the Royal Family for the loss of their Queen.

On Twitter, Black Sabbath bassist/songwriter Terence "Geezer" Butler wrote "I remember the street celebrations when she was crowned Queen. Always a staple of growing up in England. GSTQ - RIP."

Butler's former bandmate, Ozzy Osbourne, also wrote on Twitter. "I mourn with my country the passing of our greatest Queen. With a heavy heart, I say it is devastating the thought of England without any Queen Elizabeth II."

The Rolling Stones made sure to show their respect and sympathies to the Royal Family. They called the Queen "a constant presence in their lives as in countless others." Jagger stated "For my whole life Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, has always been there. In my childhood, I can recall watching her wedding highlights on TV. I remember her as a beautiful young lady, to the much loved grandmother of the nation. My deepest sympathies are with the royal family."

Elton John took a similar route to The Rolling Stones. John stated "Along with the rest of the nation, I am deeply saddened to hear the news of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's passing. She was an inspiring presence to be around and led the country through some of our greatest, and darkest, moments with grace, decency and a genuine caring warmth. Queen Elizabeth has been a huge part of my life from childhood to this day, and I will miss her dearly."

Def Leppard commented on their Twitter feed. They wrote: "Dignity. If there's ever one word to describe this wonderful lady & monarch it's dignity. We will never see the likes of this again."

Even American musicians were mourning the loss of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. Sebastian Bach wrote on his Twitter feed "Cant help but think of Dads painting on this day. Hope the painting is still in good condition. RIP #QueenElizabeth a leader who brought the whole world together

No comments:

Post a Comment