Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Thursday, April 13, 2023

Geddy Lee Announces Title of His Memoir and The Release Date

For all fans of Geddy Lee and Rush, your day is about to be made. Bassist / vocalist Geddy Lee has announced he is writing a memoir. Better yet, he's also releasing the date in which this book will be appearing on shelves at bookstores everywhere.

November 14 of this year is when fans of both Geddy Lee and Rush can start expecting to see the book, titled My Effin' Life, on bookstore shelves. Lee had previously teased the world with the rumor of a memoir, but now those rumors are being laid to rest and replaced with a positive confirmation from the man himself.

He went on the band's Twitter page and posted an old photo of him with the words "More soon...". He announced that he would release a then untitled autobiography in September 2021. The announcement was done via Instagram and referred to it as an "epic-length account" of his life both "on and off stage". He said the idea came to him while at home during the COVID-19 lockdown

He stated "Little did I know that as of March 2020 I'd be locked down for over a year and a half - the longest time I'd spent in Toronto since I was 19 and hit the Northern Ontario bar circuit with Rush". He also gave credit to co-writer Daniel Richler, who had helped write 2018's Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass and stated that Richler was the one who pushed him to take a look at his life. "[He] saw how I was struggling in the aftermath of [former bandmate Neil Peart's 2020] passing and tried coaxing me out of my blues with some funny tales from his youth, daring me to share my own in return." According to the September 2021 post, the book's release was scheduled for 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment