Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Monday, June 13, 2011

My Opinions

LGBT
Okay, for those who don't know, this means Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual. Transgender. Now living in a household where church is important, I have to disagree with what the church says on the issue of sexuality. So what if it's man and man, or woman and woman? Isn't everyone entitled to the right of happiness? Isn't everyone given the chance to live life their own way? Well, I believe in the phrase "Love is love. It shouldn't matter who it's with". And I frankly have no problem with people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. In fact, there's a friend of my dad's who's gay and him and my dad are the greatest of friends. His name is Chuck Norman and he's a nurse. He worked at the nursing home where my grandmother lived before she died. Nowadays, he's working as a private nurse for someone in Indian Hill in Ohio. I say way to go him! He says he don't care he's gay, he's happy and I totally respect him for that. Because a long time ago, the word gay referred to happy, how it ever got associated with homosexuality is beyond me. And as for the teens who think it's cool to say things like "he's gay" or "she's gay" or my personal favorite "that's gay", y'all need to stop it. Sorry to seem so cross on this subject, but I'm just so sick and tired of the discrimination the church hurls towards people of other sexualities. And the church makes it seem like all those who are gay, lesbian, transgender or bisexual are going to hell for not being man and woman. As I said before, Love is love. It shouldn't matter who it's with. And quite frankly, if I had a friend who was gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, I'd be happy. People who are gay or whatever seem to be more trustworthy, more kind and understanding and considerate than some people. And if I had a friend who was gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, well, I think that would be pretty cool. And plus, there are people who are famous, like musicians, actors/actresses, etc who are gay, lesbian, transgender or bisexual. But they are not famous for that, they are famous for being a musician, actor/actress, etc, like Jane Lynch from Glee, she's a lesbian but so what, love is love. David Bowie is an English musician from the 1970s and he is bisexual but so what? People still love his music, straight, gay or not, B.D. Wong is a Chinese actor on Law and Order:SVU, he's gay and people still respect him as an actor. I like him as an actor, I don't care if he's gay or not. So basically people who are LGBT may have someone to look up to. And quite frankly, I don't think people who are LGBT need to come out about it, it's their own private business, it is not required for everyone to know their sexuality.

Abortion
OK, this one really burns me up. The church is so anti-abortion it's pathetic. They say things like "oh you're going to hell for aborting a baby!" The reason I think they're against it is because that way they can have more little Catholics filling the collection plate on Sundays. Personally my belief on the topic is it's between the woman and God, the church should not have their say on everything. There are some things that need to stay private that the church does not need to put their 2 cents in on. Yeah, I'm a Catholic church going person, but I personally believe that the church does not need to put their say in on everything, so what if a woman gets an abortion? Having sex with someone special is okay, but teen sex is just gross. What happened to teens just waiting? Usually it's the teen girls who pressure the teen guys into it. That's what I've heard. And the church can't possibly imagine what is going through a woman's mind when she is undergoing that procedure to remove the unwanted baby. Unless there's someone in the church, whether it be a member of the staff or what, unless they have either given birth or undergone something like this, they have no say in that matter as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment