Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Sunday, December 15, 2019

Day 14-Something You Wish Didn't Exist

This will be simple
https://never3nding.tumblr.com/post/2660644142/tumblr-30-day-challenge

Racism
-I HATE RACISM!! I grew up learning to be tolerant of everyone who was different. I was taught, along with my sister, to treat others as we would want to be treated. We just can't find it in ourselves to treat someone bad simply because they are of another skin color/race/ethnicity/culture. We both have friends and coworkers who come from different cultures and we both love it. Why do people have to hate someone simply because of skin color/race/religion/language/ethnicity or more? I would love to see the day when we all stop hating one another simply for being different

Greed
-Last time I checked, I'm not overly, beat the Bible-level religious, but isn't greed one of the Seven Deadly Sins? I hate being greedy. That's why I'm not. Me and my sister learned to be good with our money. Don't live beyond your means. If you can't afford it, you don't need it. Sure you can want it all you want, but that's not going to make the money appear in your pocket. Budget. Spend money on the important stuff first-bills. Then you can spoil yourself if you want to. Our mom and stepdad are very thankful we are good with our money. We always and I mean ALWAYS help our parents with money whenever they need. They need a little help paying for a new AC system or furnace? We're there to help. They have good paying jobs, but sometimes things come up that require finances beyond their means. They are thankful we are not greedy and live like we're millionaires [snickering, you're kidding right?] We'll never see a million bucks in a thousand lifetimes unless we play the lottery. And even in those situations, the people who win always live like it's their last day and they go broke in no time. I do not like people being greedy. Besides, me and my sister have plans for our money. Occasionally, me and my sister will take mini vacations. For example, every year, me and her go down to Lexington, Kentucky for Scarefest, a Halloween/horror-themed convention. And when we are not going there, we are going to Columbus, OH for a concert or going to other cities nearby to see the sights.

-It gets worse at Christmas time, when commercials showing people buying expensive cars like Lexus, Jaguars, etc, expensive technology like Apple iPhones, iPads, drones, $80+ animatronic Hatchimal toys, etc for adults and kids. That kind of stuff annoys me about Christmas. When it comes to Christmas, me and my sister usually ask for small stuff. Like for example, this year all I really want is a toy net for my overload of Beanie Babies. I love Beanie Babies and stuffed animals (yeah, it might sound like I'm a kid, but I love plush animals. Don't judge, rofl). All my sister wants for Christmas is electronic drumsticks that when you move them, it sounds like you're playing the drums. In her case, it would be like she is Tre Cool, the drummer from her all-time favorite band Green Day

No comments:

Post a Comment