Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Saturday, December 28, 2019

Day 18-What Are You Most Worried About?

ALOT!!!
https://never3nding.tumblr.com/post/2660644142/tumblr-30-day-challenge

There are a lot of things I tend to worry about. Lately, it's been trying to find a new job. I've only been at this current job for about 8 months and already it's beginning to take an emotional and physical toll on me. I work 12-13 hours a day every day. I start work at 8:30 am and sometimes do not clock out of work until 8:30 pm, sometimes 9:00 pm. I hardly see my family, I hardly eat anything when I get home because it's too late. I've lost almost 8 pounds over the course of a month because I hardly eat and because of the stress, I feel like if I eat, it'll return with vengeance. I've been looking and applying, but have heard nothing. Most likely it's because of the holidays, which is fine. I just hope to hear something in the new year. My managers have the attitude that says "We don't care if you have a bus to catch, a family to see or look after or things to do. Work comes first. Everything else needs to wait". Because of that arrogant attitude, I WANT OUT! I actually thought about applying for a job near me, in Florence, Kentucky. Working at a music store called Willis Music. I would work in the warehouse and do things like filling orders and other warehouse work. I have all the skills necessary to complete the work except for music equipment knowledge. I am pretty knowledgeable about guitars, basses, certain types of amplifiers and keyboards/pianos. But other things I would have to be trained on. I applied for it and am waiting for a response. My family thinks I would be good. They told me I would take a major pay cut from $18/hour to about $13/hour, but I told them and they know that does not bother me. It's not worth getting $18 an hour if you have to nearly kill yourself from exhaustion to do it. I'm sure most if not all medical professionals would say it's inhuman to work these long hours with management this inconsiderate. Especially if you don't get to take regular breaks

No comments:

Post a Comment