Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Saturday, December 28, 2019

Day 19-3 Wishes

This will be hard
https://never3nding.tumblr.com/post/2660644142/tumblr-30-day-challenge

To be beautiful
-I wish I be more beautiful. If anything, I probably look like Georgia May Jagger's ugly sister. I have full lips, a very slight gap in my teeth and skin so fair it could probably burst into flame on a sunny day, despite the fact I lay out in the sun every summer. Not only that, but with the late hours I have been working, I can only eat a little something before having to go to bed, so I am basically starving myself and I am unable to work out because of the long hours

Travel
-I've been dreaming of travelling to London since I was 16. I am 29, so it's a long-running dream. I have the money saved up. It's all down to actually planning it. I just want to have enough vacation time from work to do so. Right now, at work, the only people who can take off are people with enough seniority. I have hardly any. Everyone else can start requesting time off on Jan. 18, after the first major holiday of the year, Martin Luther King Jr. Day. And even then we'll be working. Any major holidays-Christmas and Thanksgiving-are the ONLY days we get off work. All other holidays-Columbus Day, President's Day, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, etc., we have to work our full 8+ hours. But, aside from that little rant (so sorry about that), I have dreamed of travelling to London and taking my sister with me. She loooooooooves punk rock and what better place for a lover of all things punk to go than London? Where it all started?

Front row tickets for me and my family to see a concert
-I would love to have front row tickets for me and my family to see a concert. The one band that I think would strike a particular emotional cord with my mom is Lynyrd Skynyrd. She has been a fan since she was a child. Her class song when she graduated high school was "Freed Bird". We were lucky enough to be able to take her to see Skynyrd recently. When they played "Free Bird" with late front man Ronnie Van Zant's hat on the microphone, my mom was in tears. I love when me or my sister can do something that special for someone we love. If we were able to get front row tickets to Skynyrd, I bet she would be in tears once more. But, unfortunately, the only downside is that getting front row tickets or anything near that is near impossible. I already had to play Beat the Clock to get tickets to Iron Maiden because the day they went on sale, I had a job interview. I was fighting to get tickets on my phone before the person interviewing me for the job came. And it turned out the two security guards nearby were doing the same thing, judging from them saying things like "Come on, Ticketmaster. Mama wants to see Maiden!"

No comments:

Post a Comment