Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Saturday, September 21, 2019

Day 5-Something You Miss

This will be short
https://never3nding.tumblr.com/post/2660644142/tumblr-30-day-challenge

I miss my grandmother. My grandmother was named Rose Whetstein. She's my stepdad's mom. Even though I know she's our grandmother only through marriage, she was more of a grandmother to me and my sister than my biological father's mother was. My biological father's mother treated us horribly. My stepdad's mom Rose was goofy, but we loved her. She was a probably stereotypically devout Italian Catholic who started each day and ended each day with saying her prayers off heavily worn cards. She loved St. Francis, the patron saint of animals. Her backyard was a regular menagerie of animals. She had bumblebees from the various beautiful flowers planted, at least three or four dogs over the course of her life, one named Pooker who was a Collie-type dog, another named Pudgy who was a mutt, one named Bandit who was a Blue Tickhound-type dog and finally Abby, an Australian Shepherd-Collie mix. All had their own various personalities. Bandit thought he was human and ate as such. He ate before everyone else. When my stepdad was growing up, he said that his mother always fed the dogs first, claiming "they can't feed themselves!" And this extended over to the house she lived and died in, in Delhi Township, where me, my mom and stepdad and sister live. When Bandit first came home, we couldn't go over because Bandit didn't like kids. It was because this trio of kids across the street would torture him. When we showed Bandit how much we loved dogs, by giving him endless belly rubs and ear scratches, he began to trust us and starting using his cute doggy powers to win us over. It was sad, losing him to an infection. But, both me and my sister considered her more of a grandmother to us than our biological grandmother. Our grandmother Rose would always hint at food by saying or asking "Are you hungry?" "Did you eat yet?" My sister would laugh and say "Yeah, I'm hungry. What would you like?" But, all in all, me and my sister miss our grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment