Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Monday, November 27, 2023

Iron Maiden's Nicko McBrain says he's "85-90 percent back to strength" after his stroke

Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain recently suffered a stroke and has been working with therapists to get himself back into fighting shape. He says he's "85 to 90 percent back to strength".

According to Metal Injection, this past January, Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain suffered from a stroke. It was originally posted on the band's site that he suffered a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) that left part of his right side paralyzed. Fearing his career was over, he destroyed those fears with the 2023 shows Maiden put on, showing that he's still more than capable of playing the drums

In a new interview on the Sirius XM station Trunk Nation Power Trip Special, Nicko revealed he's mostly back to his old self, but had to modify how he plays drums to accommodate this new situation. "[I'm] doing good, I'm still probably...I'd say 85 to 90 percent back to strength, but I still have a little less dexterity with speed in my fingers. My fingers are the ones that...[they're] the last thing to strengthen up. But I had to change certain drum fills. Some fills that everybody knows me for on certain songs. I've had to improvise those at rehearsals to be able to actually play those songs. So now I'm starting to actually be able to kind of embrace it a bit more. And I can't do that live. I have to wait until we start doing some rehearsals again or whatever it is. But I'm definitely getting stronger. And I've had great support from [Iron Maiden manager] Rod [Smallwood], the band, and all of the fans out there. They've been absolutely - they've showed me so much love, it's amazing."

Iron Maiden will continue to tour throughout September 2024 when they hit Australia with Killswitch Engage

No comments:

Post a Comment