Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Hugh Jackman on rumors of taking steroids for the role of Wolverine

Anyone who has seen the X-Men movies and seen Hugh Jackman as the claw-wielding mutant Wolverine will see that he's incredibly muscular. Hugh Jackman has vehemently denied taking steroids to put on that kind of muscle tone.

During a recent interview with Chris Wallace on the HBO program Who's Talking to Chris Wallace, Hugh Jackman stated he has never taken steroids to put on that kind of muscle tone. Wallace asked "Over the years, people have wondered did he juice? Did he take steroids?" Jackman answered flat out "No, I love my job and I love Wolverine. I got to be careful what I say here, but I had been told anecdotally what the side effects are of that. And I was like 'I don't love it that much.' So no, I just did it the old school way. And I tell you, I've eaten more chickens - I'm so sorry to all the vegans and vegetarians and to the chickens of the world. Literally the karma is not good for me. If the deity has anything related to chickens, I'm in trouble."

Also in the interview, he admitted he studied wolves after accepting the role of Wolverine ahead of the 2000 film X-Men. "I had never read the comic book, I got the part. I didn't really know anything about...I didn't, in Australia, we don't have wolverines. I didn't know that was a real animal. I'd never heard of a wolverine. I thought it was a made-up animal. You know, like, he's got man hands of steel, made up. And so I was passing as I was doing rehearsal at the Imax, they had this documentary about wolves. And I was like, perfect, because obviously I'm a wolf, part wolf. So I went [to set] with all these wolf moves and I was doing these moves, and the director said 'What are you doing?' And I said 'Well, I was just thinking wolves are always looking like this because they're actually smelling, they've got their nose to the ground. That's why they're looking like this all the time. And he goes 'What do you mean a wolf?' And I said 'Well, you know, Wolverine - I'm part wolf, so...' and he goes 'No, you're a wolverine'."

Hugh Jackman is bringing back his iconic role as the claw-wielding mutant Wolverine alongside Deadpool in Deadpool 3. He has to wait, however, after he concludes his Broadway run of The Music Man

No comments:

Post a Comment