Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Monday, December 6, 2010

Dancing with the Stars.... and more!

They sure are bringing on some stupid people on Dancing with the Stars, John Gosselin, Lindsay Lohan, Simon Cowell, who might I add was once upon a time a judge on American Idol. Why can't they bring on interesting people, like Denzel Washington, Halle Berry, or maybe a musician? Personally, I think maybe The Rolling Stones would be an interesting group to see on Dancing with the Stars, seeing Mick doing the tango with someone or seeing Keith do the Salsa dancing or seeing Ron ballroom dance or Charlie ballroom dance, that would be interesting and therefore, I'd watch it. Dancing with the Stars is really going down hill, they're running out GOOD people to have dance there.

And American Idol, pretty cool that they have Steven Tyler from Aerosmith judging. He's way more compassionate and patient than that snob Simon. And at least Steven is a singer. Sometimes I wonder why get a judge who's never had singing experience? Maybe get judges who are patient and some judges who are singers. I like the judges they have, at least they're patient, compassionate and nice.

One thing I've always wondered is why do guys wear their pants so low? I found out the answer from a good friend of mine, her name is Denise and she's from New Jersey. She goes to school with me and Tuesday in class, somehow we all got onto the topic of why guys wear their pants like that and whatnot, and she delightfully told me an interesting tidbit of info. It's a trend started in prison, guys who "put out" in prison wear their pants low to show off what they have and the long t-shirts guys wear, they're supposed to be dresses, almost as if in prison the long shirts are dresses. That stuff means you're some one's "girlfriend" in prison. Even in high school, guys do it. They say stuff like "Yo, what's up dog? how's my homie?" and sometimes I feel tempted to say to them "Dude, pull your pants up, no one wants to look at your black boxers with bananas on them or your red boxers with Christmas trees on them." or "Dude, you're whiter than Texas, you'll never be black, you're not Ice T, you're not Flava Flav, so don't bother" Most black people think it's ridiculous that white kids talk like this, assuming black people talk like this. It ticks me off when people do this, and then they start questioning me about listening to rap music and being like them, I simply tell them I don't care for rap music and I wish to be myself and that I don't wish to change just to fit in. I have 2 friends that I've known for all my life, they work with my dad and they're both black, but I don't see it that way, any way they say it's ridiculous that white kids assume blacks talk this way, they both think it's funny, and this one guy who goes to school with me, his name is Alexander, he's black and he's my best buddy, he don't talk like this, he even thinks it's ridiculous.

And as Christmas draws ever closer, I start to see more commercials for Christmas, showing one of the 7 deadly sins-greed. What is it about Christmas where everyone has to get greedy? Especially the kids, I hear kids saying stuff like "I want this" or "I want that". If I were the parents of some of these kids and they came up to me saying they want a Wii system or XBox 360, I'd tell them when hell freezes over, I'd then tell them to go out, get a job and pay for it yoursefl, you'll appreciate it more, it works for me and has done it for the past 20 years, mainly I babysit and I use the money for something if I need it, recently, I had to save up all my money from it to buy books for school when the morons at the Gateway Financial Aid office in Edgewood didn't process my financial aid paperwork on time. But I just grow tired of seeing all these commercials showing people getting cars, expensive phones, expensive music systems, expensive game systems, etc for Christmas and I wonder to myself, "who the hell can afford something like that?" I could barely afford to do Christmas shopping this year and I see people buying cars and whatnot for people? A few years ago, it seems you never seen commercials like this, they're getting worse every year. What people need to realize is that Christmas is not about the gifts, decorations, how much you can spend, how much you can buy for that undeserving, ungrateful family member, how empty you can make your bank account, it's about the birth of Christ, it's about spending time with family, making special memories, giving rather than recieving and sharing. People seem to have lost sight of this, and they need to regain sight of the true meaning of Christmas. I'm just tired of hearing about people wanting stuff they truly don't need.

No comments:

Post a Comment