Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bullying

Bullying: Yes the title is what it means--bullying. Have you ever been bullied in school for reasons you are unsure of? I have, from grade school until senior year of high school. In 7th grade people would call me four eyes or coke bottle because I wear glasses, but what they fail to realize is coke bottle is a name for really thick lenses, my eyes aren't that bad, but they aren't that good. Another name was Harry Potters' girlfriend because of the glasses issue and because I said the guy who played him was cute, and as time went on, I started getting bullied for different reasons, like in 9th grade, somehow without me saying a thing, word had spread about me being a virgin. I had not said a thing about this to anyone, its private, but you know how high school is, nothing is private. I don't mean to make this sound personal, but I'm just curious if there's anyone else out there who has been bullied before. This one girl I went to school with started asking me all these questions one day in my 12th grade marketing class and I felt really uncomfortable answering them. By then, the entire class was focused on me and I felt like I had been thrust into the spotlight. She started asking me if I smoked, if I did drugs, if I slept around with guys, I did the good thing and stayed quiet. Then in 12th grade, a fellow classmate wrote an offensive thing on my locker. For those who don't know, I have a step-dad who is of Italian ancestry, and this guy wrote Italian racial slurs in red marker all over my locker door. Then after it was cleaned off, a week later there was more stuff marked all over my locker door, only it wasn't Italian slurs, it was British racial slurs because of my liking of British rock, under these horrible words, it said "Start liking music from THIS country." So I have been bullied from grade 3 until grade 12. I was the prime victim of bullying. People would call me fat, ugly, tell me no one would ever love me, that no one would want me around, and sometimes it would stress me out so much that I thought about doing something about it, and one day I got blamed for something I didn't even do, I supposedly got accused of knocking the lights out of this guy I went to school with, the thing being I was nowhere even near him, I was on the other side of the room from him when this "hit" supposedly happened. I had to serve a Friday detention for that and this Friday DT was also his I had to serve. I didn't get out of there until 7:00 that night, it ticked me off to no end for that. But there has to be a way to stop the bullying, no kid should have to go through being bullied because of their appearance, their size, their likes/dislikes, their race you name it. Hopefully someone out there agrees about ending bullying.

No comments:

Post a Comment