Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Holidays

Ah, Christmas is right around the corner, does it seem like the holidays get here quicker and quicker every year? It certainly seems that way for me. And this year, I have money to go shopping and I have some Muy grande shopping to do. For my dad, I want to get him this old sci-fi B-movie from the 1950s, it's about this town in California that gets overrun by giant ants, it's called Them!. He loves that kind of stuff. For my sister, I want to get her this CD of this country band called Sugarland. Hopefully she likes it. For my mom, I want to get her this book she said she wanted, it's on the mob. She loves learning anything about organized crime. For my step-dad, I want to get him this set of cars, he collects car models and I seen one in Eastgate mall that he'll love.
 
But what I mainly tire of is seeing/hearing the commercials about these people buying people expensive Caddies as gifts, expensive game systems, expensive iPods, you name it. The greed has totally and completely ruined Christmas, last time I checked, Christmas was about the birth of Christ for God's sake. It's not about the gifts, it's not about how much you can spend, how much the gifts are worth, how many gifts you get, it's about spending time with the ones you love, it's about the birth of Christ, spend time with your family, don't care about the greed of Christmas bargain sales. I see commercials showing people buying their kids these expensive game systems, like PS3, Wii, XBox 360, you name it, expensive music systems, like iPod Nanos, iPod Shuffles, iPhone, etc. Wake up people! Christmas is not about the greed, it's about spending time with your family, it's about the birth of Christ, for crying out loud! In my family, we don't worry about the worth of the gifts, we spend time together by putting up the tree, decorations, etc. But in past years, it's getting to the point where we actually have to decide to do it, because it'll go down again in a few days anyway. Why can't it just be like the old days where Christmas was exciting? Where it wasn't about the greed, where you couldn't sleep the night before because you wondered what Santa brought you? Where's those days? 'Cuz they sure aren't here.

And the day after Thanksgiving, watch going out. That is the most dreaded day of all, that's when people go out and turn into complete kamikazes on the road, they're all in such a rush to get stupid stuff. My dad made the mistake of going out last year on Black Friday, I think that's what they call it, to get a gift for my sister. I also had something to pick up. I told him that I'd be in the entertainment section of the Alexandria Meijer's to pick something up and I had to push and shove my way through because people were crowding the aisles, all I had to get was an old 1950s sci-fi movie called The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms. I got it and got out. By the time I got back to the video game dept. where they were, they had just gotten into the aisle. My dad was planning to get my sis The Sims 2 Pets, where you can create a Sim and a pet for them. Boy, we were glad to get out of that store, we got donuts at Dunkin donuts that morning and did it taste good! We got first dibs on donuts before anyone, even before the Alexandria Police we seen pulling into the lot in their massive SUV. Suckers!
And here's a music video, it's of the song Try Again by Aaliyah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEF_-IcnQC4

No comments:

Post a Comment