Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bullying

Ah yes, the topic of bullying. It seems to be a growing problem, everywhere you hear about some kid getting bullied for some God forsaken reason. Well, I'm pretty sure everyone might have been bullied at one point in their lives or other, for me, it was since grade school.

Since grade school, I was bullied. I was bullied because of my appearance. You see, I wear glasses alot, mainly because I need them to read and to work on the computer. People would often call me things like 4 eyes, coke bottles, which is actually quite stupid because coke bottles is a nickname for glasses with really thick lenses. People would also call me fatso, thunder thighs, bubble butt, fat a-- and other highly colorful names, mainly because I'm no skinny mini, yet I'm not fat either, I'm sort of in the middle with my body weight. I've actually been losing weight, so they can't call me fat, I just lost like 10 pounds, yay me!

I've also fallen victim to what I call social bullying, things like rumors being started, things being said behind my back, things being written on my locker, people breaking into my locker and stealing things from me, people switching the lock around so I'd be late to class, etc. People would take every opportunity they could get to make me feel useless, like a waste of space, etc, they would insult me at every chance they got, sometimes I felt like committing suicide because of it, but I didn't. That certainly wouldn't help the situation. So I had to just grin and bear the people calling me slut, whore, even though I've never slept with a guy in my life. I'm normally not one to talk about others when I say that half of the girls I went to school with were the REAL whores and sluts. People would often ask me personal questions that I didn't feel comfortable answering.

But, thank God in college people don't bully you. In college, it feels like I died and went to heaven-- no bullying, no making fun of, no insults, yeah! Heaven on earth, I swear! And when I was in high school, there was this one guy who was bound and determined to make my life a miserable hell. He was once my friend, he was once upon a time nice and sweet, until he got older and started acting like a racist bully. Yeah, I said racist. He is. Somehow, with out me saying a thing, he found out that I had a step dad. Yeah, for those who don't know, I have a stepdad, his name is Greg and he's of Italian descent. He's totally awesome. Alot of the stuff he likes I like, and it's kind of sad that I share more in common with him than anyone in my own family. But somehow, this kid found out about him and when I went to my locker to get my stuff to go home one day, I saw Italian racial slurs written all over my locker in bright red magic marker. Normally stuff like this never happened in my small high school, this was like a first. But, yeah, he wrote Italian racial slurs on my locker. I almost knocked his lights out for that, but violence is not the answer. I simply went to the assistant principal and asked him about what to do. Later on, he called the guy in and gave him like a month of detention. Serves him right! This may sound more like something racial related, but you don't mess around with my family. When you do something like this, it's racial bullying and I don't like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment