Wednesday, February 25, 2015
25 Interesting Rock Music Movie Facts
We all love a good movie with some good ol' classic rock or metal. But, some of those movies have hidden gems we never knew about. Like interesting little factoids we didn't know. Here are 25 Interesting Rock Music Movie Facts. By the way, if it doesn't count up to 25, here's a good reason. Some of the ones on here you'll see on my interesting movie facts post
1. In Back to the Future, on Marty McFly's Walkman, that's Van Halen guitarist and co-founder Eddie Van Halen really playing
4. In both Back to the Future sequels, Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea makes an appearance while ZZ Top appear in the third one
5. In Moulin Rouge, when the Green Fairy turns evil, Ozzy Osbourne's iconic scream can be heard
6. Prince originally wanted Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks to write the lyrics for "Purple Rain", but she turned it down
7. Genesis drummer and singer Phil Collins has a quick cameo in the movie Hook, as Police Inspector Good. He was also an extra in A Hard Day's Night
8. Sex Pistols bassist Sid Vicious was the inspiration, along with singer Tom Waits for Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker
9. Originally, to play the role of Alex and his Droogs in A Clockwork Orange, it was slated for Mick Jagger and the rest of the Rolling Stones to play these roles
-If that actually happened, I'd probably watch it :D. But this movie is way too creepy for my tastes!
10. Mick Jagger was also supposed to play the role of Dr. Frank N Furter in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, but had to drop out as the movie was being filmed in 1978 and The Rolling Stones were due to start their Some Girls tour
-If Mick Jagger did this movie, that would be very interesting, lol!!! Although my sister probably wouldn't watch it; she'd be screaming blue murder while screaming she wants to rip her eyes out, lmao!!!
12. In the movie Airheads, Motorhead fans can jump for joy. Their rock god Lemmy Kilmister makes an appearance in the crowd. And if anyone who reads this is an Iron Maiden/Motorhead fan, are they any good? I'm honestly thinking about giving their music a listen! If so, someone recommend a song by either one to check out!
14. In the movie Runaway, the character Charles Luther, who is the mad scientist who is creating a series of warrior robots, is KISS bass player Gene Simmons, aka "The Demon"
15. Mark Knopfler, singer for British rock band Dire Straits, made Rob Reiner put his This is Spinal Tap hat in The Princess Bride
17. Singer Levon Helm set aside his Americana personality to play an astronaut in The Right Stuff
20. Nirvana turned down the chance to appear in Wayne's World 2
21. In High Fidelity, Bruce Springsteen plays John Cusack's conscience
22. In The Big Lewbowski, the closing song came free from The Eagles because it's owner hated The Eagles too
24. Eagles member Glenn Frey appeared as the manager for the Arizona Cardinals in Jerry Maguire
25. In their first feature film, the word "Beatles" does not appear in the title A Hard Day's Night