- Tattooing is a form of self expression and also called counter culture. But nowadays it's more consumer culture. Tattoos are not like the cheap junk you can buy at dollar stores and throw away when you're done with it. Tattoos are FOREVER!! That's what some people fail to realize when getting one. It's also a good thing to think about what you want to get, because once you get it, it's more expensive and painful to get it removed if you regret it
- There is a very rich, very vast history behind the art of tattooing. These shows have no idea about the rich history behind this and they also seem to have no interest in it
- They're trying to make money on something that was once the mark of sailors and criminals, but is now common and fashionable. That's often how people are identified in crimes, whether they are victim or suspect. Each tattoo is unique to that person with a personal message only that person knows
- Claim to be reality but are directed what to say
- They don't do their homework. They don't know much about the "tattoo community"
- Doesn't seem real. They seem to care more about $$$
- Artists are treated like fresh meals. They just shuffle through them like a wheel
- Artists aren't actors. Artists are the GENIUSES behind those lovely roses and crosses you see adorning people's bodies.
- Tattoo reality shows are overdone to death. There are so many tattoo shows on anymore-Miami Ink, NY Ink, Tattoo Rescue, etc.
- Unless you're getting a tattoo, watching it is boring. As a person who is now the proud owner of a tattoo, I had so much fun watching the artist do the tattoo on my arm. As soon as I can get a pic of it, I'll upload it and do a post on it. Which will probably be the next one or so. I would describe it but I don't want to ruin the surprise.
Monday, February 9, 2015
Why the tattoo communities don't like tattoo shows
Yeah, as if you probably haven't noticed, there seems to be dozens of reality shows about our favorite form of expression- tattoos. Some seem real, others maybe not so much. Well, some actual tattoo artists think otherwise about these tattoo shows.