Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Found two new bands I like

Well, these bands may not be all that new to everyone else, but to me they are pretty new. Especially considering that I am really starting to love their music. Avenged Sevenfold is actually really good. Even though I hear "Hail to the King" nonstop on WEBN (102.7), a heavy metal and hard rock station out of Cincinnati, Ohio, I really do love that song and also this other one of theirs, "This Means War." I'm still in the process of discovering other songs of theirs, but in the meantime, I'll be busy headbanging my stress away, lol. And plus, I watched the Download Festival in England from 2014 on TV Saturday after shoveling our snowy driveway and I have to admit, these bands rock! And when I Googled Avenged Sevenfold just to see some of their songs, I learned they are a heavy metal band from Huntington Beach, California. How cool!!

Disturbed
Avenged Sevenfold
As for the other band, it's Disturbed. I discovered them when I was coming back from the tattoo shop where my sister was getting her massive back tattoo started. It's so far a four session job; she's going this Saturday to finally finish it. Anyway, when we were coming back, she had WEBN on and it was playing what I thought was "Land of Confusion" by Genesis. Only the version I was hearing was a very intense heavy metal version of it. When I Googled who did it, it said that a heavy metal band out of Chicago, Illinois called Disturbed did it. And when I checked out the album that the song is from, Ten Thousand Fists, there are a lot of good songs on that album, which is why it has been on my Amazon Wishlist since I discovered it. Some of the songs I like off that album include: "Overburdened" and "Decadence". And I discovered another cover song they did I absolutely love. They did an amazing cover of the Judas Priest song "Living After Midnight". It's on an album called The Lost Children. I discovered this song yesterday. One of the TV shows I watch is called That Metal Show and on their Facebook page, they did a post asking what are your Top 5 Favorite Cover Songs and one person mentioned Disturbed "Living After Midnight". Being a Judas Priest fan, I soooo had to check it out. And sure enough, the band did a killer version of it. Anywho, I'm not sure if these guys would be considered nu metal or what kind of rock or metal they would be considered, but I like them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment