Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Tuesday, February 24, 2015

This is pretty cool

Tony Iommi, who celebrated his 67th birthday yesterday, now makes an appearance in an animated cartoon. VH1.com is rolling out an online series called The Complete History of Heavy Metal. And in the first episode, it's about Tony Iommi.

His appearance is in an episode titled "Fingers Bloody Fingers", which almost parodies the Black Sabbath song "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath". He talks about the loss of his fingers in an industrial accident. He narrates the entire episode and cartoon images are used to tell how he lost the tips of the two middle fingers of his right hand and how his manager had come to the factory to give him a record of a gypsy guitarist named Django Reinhardt, who played with only two fingers, which really inspired him

Wishes of speedy recovery are going out to Iommi, who has been fighting lymphoma for going on three years now. He gave a recent update on his prognosis. "Because I had two different operations at the same time, one on my prostate and one on my lymph nodes, I had too many scans last year and too much radiation,” he reveals. “So I can’t have any more scans yet. Every day I feel around for lumps and bumps. Every time I get a pain in my stomach I think, ‘Oh God, it’s cancer."

He continues "It’s horrible. I even dream about it. But that’s my life now. The surgeon told me he doesn’t expect the cancer to go away. There’s a 30 percent chance that it could, but more than likely it will come back and it could be any time. I look at life differently now. I could be here another 10 years or just one year – I don’t know"

No comments:

Post a Comment