Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Goals for the future.

I have a lot I would love to accomplish in my time here on Earth. You only have one life, so why not make it interesting? Well, for starters, I'd love to travel, to places far and exotic, like China, Japan, Italy, England, Australia. I'm not sure why it is that these places I would love to travel to, but there's just something about these places I'd love to see, I guess for England it's because one of my favorite bands is from there, The Rolling Stones, they got started by playing gigs at different clubs around London, like The Marquee Club, or places that may not be in London, like the Crawdaddy Club or the Longleat House. 

But right now in the now dimension, I just want to graduate. I'm currently attending Gateway Community and Technical College for an Associates Degree in Graphic Design. When I graduate, I want to get a job in Graphic Design. If there's a way to make a job out of doing CD covers for famous bands/artists, let me at it. Because this kind of stuff and advertising is what I love to do. I actually did a poster for a friend of mine. He's a massive music listener and he told me what he wanted on a poster and I had to ask him to repeat it because I thought I was hearing things. He wanted a poster for a 3 day music weekend, and as for the type of music, he told me British Invasion, I kid you not, he told me the artists he wanted, and he wanted the poster to make it look like these 3 English bands were going to each put on a concert over the course of 3 days. He wanted The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and Wings, and The Who on here. I finished it for him and he paid me $30 for it. Cool.

Sometimes I wonder, how do we begin to like the stuff we like now? When I think back on who I was when I was younger, I proudly admit that when I was younger, I was the type of girl who went nuts for the boy bands of the late 1990s and early 2000's. But thank God I outgrew that phase. I sometimes wonder how I got to like bands like The Beatles, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, etc. And then it hits me: my step dad. Yeah, I got a step dad, he's awesome. And it also surprises some to hear that he's part Italian and part Jewish. Some people make a big deal out of it, saying "your step dad is Italian? Wow, I never knew that". Yup, I have a step dad, his name is Greg and he is awesome. I guess he's the reason why I like all these cool older bands, because he likes them, he basically introduced their music to me. And also, it extends to TV as well. There's these 2 TV shows that I love watching, although most people in my part of the world may not know what they are. Not surprisingly, they're both TV shows out of England, one's called Top Gear, the other is called My Family. I love the show Top Gear, it's funny and it teaches you about cars, and sometimes they do funny stunts with cars, like this one episode where they had to build their own limos and take these British singers to an award show. Another part of the show I like is when they have famous people on there. I have an episode I haven't watched yet at home on the DVR, it's an episode of Top Gear from 2007, that has Ronnie Wood from The Rolling Stones on it. Man he is one awesome dude. The other TV show I like is called My Family. It's about this guy named Ben Harper, who's a dentist, and his family, his wife Susan, his sons Nick and Michael, daughters Abby and Janie. I swear, my sister is exactly like Janie. and my mom says that I'm a mix of Abby and Nick, because I can be a little ditzy sometimes and I'm a massive music lover and a little clueless like Nick.

But my main goals for the future is to travel. Sorry if I tend to get off topic. I must have the attention span of a fly or something. But I really want to travel to places outside of the US. I've never really been on vacation anywhere outside the US and I really want to travel. I want to go to places far away, like England, China, Japan, Italy, Australia. But I'll definitely be getting myself a passport otherwise I ain't going anywhere! Another goal I have is to go to a concert for a band I actually like, when I was younger, I went to a concert with my sis for a band my parents both liked before they divorced, it was this country band called Alabama. They're okay, but I never really cared for them. Now, if I ever go to a concert, it's going to be for Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Seal or Shakira. Either one of those is fine with me. Believe it or not, I'm probably the only one in my college classes who actually loves music like Paul McCartney or The Rolling Stones. I'd love to see BOTH of these bands in concert because their music is totally amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment