Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Monday, February 14, 2011

People who inspire me

There are quite a few people who inspire me, some because they believe in a world united, others because of giving peace a chance or trying to live a non violent life.


John Lennon, how he inspires me is all he wanted was a nonviolent life with someone he loved, Yoko Ono, he believed in giving peace a chance and tried to live a nonviolent life. How does he get repaid for that? He gets shot fatally in the back of the head 4 times by a crazed gunman posing as a fan of Lennon's. I heard that his wife Yoko, at least I think she was his wife, not sure, got a photo of the glasses that Lennon wore the night of the murder, they're all bloodstained and cracked, that must be hard on someone who loved him so much, pardon my French, but what the hell did John Lennon ever do to anyone? All he wanted was a nonviolent life and he gets paid back by getting murdered! But basically how he inspires me is I live a life of nonviolence, I've always been under the idea that violence never solves anything and it never does. You see how well that idea worked out, over the course of history, look at all the wars we have gotten into, just because we wouldn't let sleeping dogs lie.


How Martin Luther King Jr. inspires me is all he wanted was for all people from all walks of life to live together peacefully, to nonviolently coexist. But there were some out there who disagreed. How he inspires me is I've always seen people for the good in them, I never see any of the racist crap like their skin color, their race, their ethnicity, where they come from, etc. I see people for who they are, the nice person inside, I mean, we're all the same on the inside, we all bleed the same, we're all the same on the inside, we just come in different packages, that's what makes us unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment