- Cynthia Lennon: August 23, 1962-November 8 1968, divorced, 1 child
- Yoko Ono: March 20, 1969- December 8, 1980(his death), 1 child
- Sarcastic wit, later granny glasses
- Songs about personal issues
- Songs with political/social themes
- Tattered army jacket
- Father of Sean Lennon, from Yoko Ono
- Father of Julian Lennon from Cynthia Lennon
- In the 1985 TV movie John and Yoko: A Love Story, there was an actor named Mark Lindsay Chapman who wanted to play Lennon, but was denied the role because he had a similar name to Lennon's killer. So he later went on to play Lennon in Chapter 27
- When Rolling Stone Magazine debuted in November 1967, Lennon was the first one to make the cover, it was an image of him from the movie How I Won the War
- His murder was first announced to the world by US sportcaster Howard Cosell during NFL Monday Night Football.
- Was killed as he was returning from the recording studio on Monday, Dec. 8, right outside his apartment building, the Dakota, by a crazed gunman named Mark David Chapman, who claimed to be a fan
- In 2001, the Liverpool Airport was renamed the John Lennon Airport
- Yoko Ono's photograph of John's bloodstained and cracked glasses from the day he was shot, sold at an auction in London in April 2002 for $13,000.