Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Post Secret

Post Secret
-Ongoing commnity mail art project
-Created by Frank Warren
-People mail in their secrets anonymously on a homemade postcard.
-Select secrets are then posted on the PostSecret website or are used for PostSecret's books or museum exhibits


History
-The concept of the project was that completely anonymous people decorate a postcard and tell a secret never told before. No restrictions on it, the only one is that it must be completely truthful. It can be anything, no one gets judged. Entries can go in all kinds of directions, from admissions of sexual misconduct, criminal activity and confessions of secret desires to embarassing habits, hopes and dreams. The secrets are meant to be empowering both to the author and those who read them. The site creates a place where you can feel accepted









-This originally started on the blogging site Blogspot and is updated every Sunday with 10 new secrets. But then, it began posting 20 secrets every Sunday.







-In April 2008, they teamed up with 1-800-suicide to answer some of these suicide calls
-The idea of sharing secrets while still staying anonymous gives people the chance to say anything without their identities being revealed.






Website
-http://www.postsecret.com/















I also did this as a final for my Art 100 class. You may know this already since I did a post on it. I have a secret that I'm so deathly afraid to say. So, ok here it is: I wish I was the same age as Mick Jagger so I could marry him!!! This was my main secret, it had quite a few pics of Mick on it, saying I wish I was the same age he is so I could marry him and just hug him!!!



Another thing that's not really a secret, but more of a random thought is that for some reason, I find Asian, Italian and British guys to be really sexy!!!!
 
Hiroyuki Sanada

Ken Watanabe

Dominic Rowan as Jacob Thorne on Law and Order:UK. IDK what it is about British guys that is so sexy, but there is obviously something sexy about them!!

 
Stevie Van Zandt
 
Jamie Bamber as Matt Devlin on Law and Order:UK
 
Sylvester Stallone


2 comments:

  1. This is great, you really did a good job putting this article together to make it wonderful. I have not seen any article so sweet and understandable like yours, your article is the best article I have ever read.
    For these, i will be bookmarking your web blog to my browser so that I can be visiting your website from time to time, please keep up this good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the look of your site ... check Google book Ngram and Waptrick. what can we do here

    ReplyDelete