Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Random Thoughts and stuff

Random Thoughts: The title means what it means. Random thoughts just buzzing around. I recently discovered a new singer I like, people may have heard of her, Aaliyah. She's actually really good, I recently bought one of her albums, because I'm a big fan of R&B, which is the kind of music I was told she does. There's this one song by her I especially love, it's called 'Try Again'. It's really sad that she is no longer with us, she passed away in 2002, from a plane crash, poor girl. And not too long ago, I discovered the band U2, they are actually really good too. It's amazing what I can learn to like around others. Now, if anyone knows me well, they know what makes me annoyed, what makes me happy, what makes me calm, and so on and so forth. One thing that really ticks me off is when people are disrespectful to each other. Tremayne, whose blog is Quirky Embrace, he was right about people being selfish. I'm with him! He has a good head on his shoulders. People need to start being nicer to each other. And I believe there are more pressing matters to attend to than seeing/hearing about Paris Hilton/Lindsay Lohan getting busted for drugs repeatedly. You'd think they learned the first time?
              I guess not! And this 'Jersey Shore' fad, don't even get me started! I will be here all day talking and voicing my opinions on the show! One thing that does actually tick me off is when people disrespect each other, when people bring racism up. If you know me like my high school graduates do, they know that I hate when people bring race into conversations. When someone brings that up in conversations, I walk away because if not, I'll be tempted to put in my 2 cents and believe me, you don't want my 2 cents, because it'll be the cold, hard, truth! How the topic of my hate for racism came up is Sunday after church, my aunt wanted to go to Burlington Coat Factory in search of a new winter coat. When we pulled in to the parking lot, I saw a kind looking Asian family and black family going in and right then and there, that's when she started. I'm not going to say what she actually said, but just use your imagination. It was pretty brutal what she said about them.
         I'm the kind, sweet person that has this philosophy: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." It confuses me to no end as to why people in my family have to talk bad about others they don't know. If racism was a crime, my aunt would be on death row for it. She is guilty of this, she will openly use racial slurs towards people. My dad, however, says he jokes about it, and sometimes he does, sometimes he don't. Last night, he was making fun of the British accent and using bad names towards them, especially racial slurs, just because I said something about wanting to get a CD of Paul McCartney for my birthday. That's the way my dad is! And this one guy I graduated with, don't even get me started! But I'll just tell you a little about him, he proudly calls himself a redneck! He knows it drives me nuts to call people bad names and he knows it gets a rise out of me. He not too long ago insulted my step-dad, I don't know how he found out I had a step-dad, I guess one of my fellow graduates was chatty because I was talking to a friend of mine about spending the weekend with him and my mom. When he found out that I had a step-dad, he stupidly asks what race he was! That was a slap in my face to ask that! So he decided to find out elsewhere. When he found out my step-dad was Italian, he went nuts. He started insulting him using Italian slurs and I'm not saying them. I'm not racist, and don't plan on it. This is the most evil thing anyone ever came up with! 'Separating' people into different groups, there's no need to call people Asian-American, Latin-American, African-American if they were born in this country, then they are Americans! No need putting their ethnic background ahead!
                       Sorry to be sounding like I'm ranting, but I just needed to get this out of my system. I just can't bring my self to understand why people have to be disrespectful to each other because of race, gender, age, whatever! I was raised not to see that stuff, as far as I'm concerned, everyone is the same on the inside, we just all come in different packages. To me, the world is like a rainbow: each person is a different color and if we all come together and ignore the racism ideas, this world would be beautiful. Sorry, it's so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment