Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Monday, September 20, 2010

Peliculas

If you are all wondering what this title means, it means 'Movies' in Spanish. You'll probably notice that I speak Spanish quite often in these blogs, but I enjoy speaking it. Over the weekend, I watched a few movies, well, my dad did at least. On Friday night, while my sister was at work, me and my dad watched this movie called My Cousin Vinny. It's really funny, it's about this Brooklyn lawyer named Vincent Gambini, Joe Pesci plays him and Marisa Tomei plays his girlfriend. They have to travel to Alabama to defend his cousin and a friend because they were convicted of murder. It's a really funny movie if you watch it. But it keeps reminding me of my 2 next door neighbors, David and Vicki, because they are both part Italian and from New York, whenever I hear them talk, I hear the accent. I watched this other movie, I'm pretty sure that everyone on the face of the earth has probably seen it at least once somewhere, Scarface. It's from 1983, it has Al Pacino in it. I never really realized how old the movie was. I've seen it so many times because my dad is a huge fan of De Niro and Pacino. Don't know why?!?!?

But if you know my dad, you'll discover that he's a huge movie buff. But I usually am the type to not worry what goes on in the world of Hollywood, I could care less what movie is coming out nowadays because I figure I have little or no money and whenever I do have money, my dad has to borrow some to get something, he'll usually say it's for something we need, yeah right! I fell for that one already and I lost $30 to him. He spent the money on cigarettes! How pathetic! I can't even enjoy the simple pleasure of going out to see a movie because my dad would want to go or I have no money! I wanted to see the new Karate Kid movie, but I had no money, then I wanted to see The Expendables, yet again, no dinero! I also had to add this: has anyone ever seen this movie I watched over the weekend? It's called What a Girl Wants. It has Amanda Bynes in it. It's about a girl who's living in New York and she hasn't ever met her dad, and when she finds out about him, she discovers he's a British politician running for office, so she goes to England and tries to find him. It's a really awesome movie, plus it's a cool movie for teens. I watched it after My Cousin Vinny because it was on some channel I forget the name of. But anyway, it's really awesome, and plus the guy who plays her dad in there, he's kind of cute, in a British gentleman sort of way. I think his name is Colin Firth or something, I love cute guys with an adorable English accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment