Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Los Festivales y Todo

You all are probably wondering what this means, it means Festivals and everything in Spanish. Now, I'm not sure if anyone out there in the blogosphere lives anywhere near Newport on the Levee, but if you do, you'll know what I'm talking about. There is this festival that happens every year, along the riverfront, it's called Italianfest. You can buy t-shirts, ride rides, play games, eat Italian food, hear Italian music, indulge in rich Italian culture. You can even see pictures of real Italian families that settled there generations ago. We went this summer and my sister bought a t-shirt. It is cobalt blue, says I love Italian boys, it has a heart on it with the design of the Italian flag and it says I love Italian boys. I bought one too, you've probably seen it, it is white with the map of Italy and across it says Italianfest, Newport Ky, in bright red. But I just thought I'd put this out there. And I'm not sure if anyone will know what I'm talking about, but does anyone remember that show The Dukes of Hazzard? I was watching that the other night and I was constantly thinking "Man, this show is old." My dad also said "You guys met them". What he means by that is about 2 years ago, we were at the Cavalcade of Customs car show and they were selling tickets to something called Dukesfest. My dad thought it sounded good. So he bought 3 tickets and before long, we were in Nashville. There is all this Dukes of Hazzard themed stuff down there. This big 'Dukesfest' festival had this big race later that night. All these bright orange Dodge Chargers painted exactly like the General Lee from the show. And I'm not sure if anyone else listens to Aerosmith, but this one song by them called Fallin In Love(Is So Hard on the Knees), that is a nasty song! It talks about making love in gross ways, and Steven Tyler uses the F word in it. And if you ever see the video, you see him flip the finger a few times!

No comments:

Post a Comment