Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hola!

Hola! How would one advertise themselves? Most would say that advertising is trying to get people to take notice of something, like a product. Well, these blogs are here to advertise the people behind the blogs. So if I were to advertise myself, you'd probably find me doing an ad for some retro-vintage store wearing granny glasses, tie-dye, and bell-bottoms. That's who I am, I'm your average, every day, modern hippie beat-nik. I wear retro clothes, and I like older music. To tell you a little about me, I have a somewhat large family, most of them living in central Kentucky. I have a dad named Steve, a little sis named Jessica, but we call her Jessie, a mom named Brenda, and a step-dad named Greg.

I'm 19 and I'm a college student. This is my 2nd year at Gateway Community and Technical College. I'm going for an Associates Degree in Graphic Design. I enjoy listening to music and reading books in my off time, I love all kinds of music, like R&B, jazz, British Invasion-era, rock, Latin, club/techno(Rihanna), new wave, like U2 and Coldplay. I enjoy reading alot, my favorite books are The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey, and I enjoy reading books about people because I enjoy learning new things about people I never knew before. My dad owns alot of biographies on people I have no idea who they are, mainly just British actors and comedians he likes. I only own 3, 2 are on actors, 1 is on a band I like. But when I'm not doing homework for school, I usually have my head stuck in a book or are listening to music. It's one of the simple pleasures I have. On Friday it's my birthday and I'm getting Chinese food for dinner.

I'm turning 20 and I could care less.Anymore, birthdays are like just another day to me. Some of the goals I have for the near future is to simply graduate, nothing too hard. And for the far future, I want to travel the world, see some of the beautiful places in the world, like China, Japan, Italy, Australia. I enjoy traveling everywhere. The teachers here at Gateway are totally awesome. They're always here to help and that is good. I'm enjoying every second of school I can, because soon I'll graduate and I'll be in the working world. Some think it's scary, but I'm looking forward to it. My dad tries to say it's hard, and for all I know, he might be right, but I'll just have to wait and see. My dad says I'll be one of those super, peppy, happy, cheery people in the morning who greets everyone with a million dollar smile. I'm not going to be like that in the morning, but I will enjoy my job.

Because if you see me in the morning, I'm not peppy, happy, cheery. I need my coffee to do that. I'm not a morning person unless I have my coffee! But I'm basically the kind of person that treats everyone with the kindness and respect I think they deserve. I'm hoping to go into a job like advertising or any job that involves CD cover design. Because in one of my classes here, my final project for this one class of mine, 2D design, was to create a CD cover for a band/artist we like, I did Aerosmith for my CD cover. It was a little blurry when it came out maybe because of the printer or something, but I'm proud of it. If I can land a job doing advertising or CD cover design, you'd think you bought me the world I'd be so happy.

I'm also the type of person that, when given the chance to do something, I go at it full force. I enjoy my work, and I'm not sure if that's a problem, but I enjoy doing graphic design, it's what interests me. Out of all the classes I've had here at Gateway, I'd have to say that my most favorite classes are the Intro to Computers, Fundamentals of Drawing, Computer Page Layout, 2D Design, my Macromedia Flash class, Corporate Identity. Those are my favorite classes because they are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment