Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Friday, January 25, 2013

1990

The year I was born. When I look back on things from the 1990s, it seems like alot of the shows on TV were geared toward kids, such as cartoons. The music was either R&B, pop, rap, metal. Here are some of the cool things from the year 1990. And it's official: during the 1990s, British TV became more popular than I thought!!
Movies
-Goodfellas
-Home Alone
-Edward Scissorhands. My sister loves this movie!
-Ghost
-Hard to Kill
-Young Guns II
-Quigley Down Under. Probably one of the few Westerns I'll actually watch

Music
-Vanilla Ice
-MC Hammer
-Madonna
-Jon Bon Jovi
-Gloria Estefan
-Bette Midler
-Rod Stewart
-Warrant
-Billy Idol
-Aerosmith

TV
-Law and Order
-Twin Peaks
-Mr. Bean. This is very easy to believe; I remember watching it growing up. Heck, I still watch it. In my house every year, it's a tradition to watch the Christmas episode where he messes around with teh Nativity scene. Me and my sister do that with our Nativity scene. Yup, we're demented, lol!!
-Keeping Up Appearances
-Tiny Toon Adventures

History
-David Dinkins sworn in as first black mayor of NYC
-The Simpsons premiered on FOX-TV
-The Who and The Kinks are inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
-Angela Bowie, ex-wife of glam rocker David Bowie, says that the rumor is true: that her husband did sleep with Mick Jagger. OMG, is he really gay? omg! That definitely changes my view of him :O
-Dee Dee Ramone is arrested on marijuana possession
-The "Chunnel", an underwater tunnel network going from France to England, is completed
-Margaret Thatcher resigns as British Prime Minister
-Sci-Fi channel begins airing

No comments:

Post a Comment