Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Funny Poems

I found this one on a kids poetry site, it makes me laugh!
http://youtu.be/sAebYQgy4n4

Abusement Park: Ken Nesbitt

We went to an amusement park,
my family and I.
We rode on rides so scary,
I expected I would die.

We rode a roller coaster
called The Homicidal Comet.
It had so many loop-de-loops
it nearly made us vomit.

We rode The Crazed Tornado,
and it jerked us hard and quick.
If it were any longer,
we would certainly be sick.

We rode The Psycho Octopus,
which packed a nasty punch.
I think we’re pretty lucky
that we didn’t lose our lunch.

And last we rode repeatedly
The Flailing Tilt-a-Whirl.
It shook us all so sharply,
I’m surprised we didn’t hurl.

I haven’t felt that nauseous
since I can’t remember when.
I’m really looking forward
to the day we go again.

How Many Doofuses Does It Take to Screw In a Lightbulb? Ken Nesbitt
http://www.gigglepoetry.com/poem.aspx?PoemID=34&CategoryID=2
One to bring the hammer,
One to start the drill,
One to haul the ladder,
One to hold it still.
One to buy a light bulb,
One to drop and break it,
One to buy another,
One to stop and shake it.
One to say: "It’s good!"
One to say: "It’s not!"
One to stop the argument.
One to mark the spot.
One to call the neighbor,
One to lend the wrench,
One to wash the ceiling,
One to move the bench.
One to build a scaffold,
One to test its strength,
One to measure height,
One to measure length.
One to bring the iodine,
One to call the doc,
One to flick the switch—
And one to take the shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment