Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Friday, December 2, 2016

Something that really annoys me

Something that really annoys me is when people have to wear shirts for bands and they don't even listen to those bands. You see someone wearing a Def Leppard shirt and you ask them "Do you like Def Leppard?" and their response is something like "No, I just think it's a cool-looking shirt."

This drives me INSANE!! When I wear band shirts, they are for bands I actually listen to and love. I give you a great example of this. When I was in the ninth grade, one of my classmates came to school wearing a horrendously inappropriate shirt. She had to change and came back to class wearing a black Led Zeppelin shirt advertising their 1975 Tour of the US. It featured the famous "fallen angel" logo of Swansong Records, their label. I asked if she was a fan of the band. "Who is Led Zeppelin?" she asked. When I told her that Led Zeppelin was a British hard rock band from the late 1960s, early 1970s, she said "Seriously? Those guys are still living? I thought they all died of drugs or something. You know most of those musicians were drug addicts. I just had to change my shirt because our principal said my other one was too inappropriate and this one looked cool. I don't even know who Led Zeppelin is. I don't like rock music."

My basic rule of thumb is this: if you don't like the band, don't wear the shirt!! Seriously, the whole point of wearing band shirts is to show the world who you support when you're too busy rocking out to whoever gets your blood pumping!! Don't wear a band shirt simply because you think it looks cool or because someone made you wear a different shirt or whatever. Wear a band shirt because you love that band or musician!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment