Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Friday, December 9, 2016

This is really sad!!

Tony Iommi has to undergo treatment for cancer again! Rather than the lymphoma he was diagnosed with the first time around from a cancerous lump found on his prostate, this time around a lump was found on his throat and will have it removed just in case of cancer
He'll undergo treatment for this before Black Sabbath is due to go on their farewell tour next month. So far, he'd been cancer free since 2012, when he was first diagnosed with lymphoma. He has said that his cancer and Bill Ward's decision to leave the band, nearly destroyed the band

When Tony did an interview with the Irish Times, he said "I went for a check four weeks ago and the doctor said that, at the moment, there’s no activity where I had the cancer before – but there is activity in the throat. When I get back to England I have to have an operation to remove this thing at the back of my nose. The doctors found a lump and we don’t know if it’s cancer or what. But I feel okay at the moment."

He's pretty concerned about his health, as he should be and says it's definitely one of the defining factors in Black Sabbath retiring. "“I was knocked for six when doctors told me it was stage-three cancer. It really did change my life as far as what I have to do now. I have to live what life I’ve got. I’ve been on the road for nearly 50 years – I need to be at home more and I need to pay more attention to my friends and family."

No comments:

Post a Comment