People got their 1st taste of Bowie when in July 1969, his song Space Oddity, hit #1 on the UK charts. In 1972, he made a debut as the somewhat weird Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders, a band inspired by the glam rock era of the 1970s. In 1975, he made his 1st American crossover song, Fame, with John Lennon, and his album Young Americans hit #1 on the charts. As the years went on, he got more popular, especially in the 1990s and 2000s, with songs like Let's Dance, Modern Love, Under Pressure, China Girl.
- Angela Bowie: March 19, 1970-February 8, 1980, divorced, 1 child
- Iman: June 6, 1992-present, 1 child
- Constantly changing appearance
- Wide ranging vocals
- His one permanently dilated pupil gives him the appearance of 2 differently colored eyes.
- Both eyes are blue, but due to a fight long ago, one eye is dilated and appears darker
- Has performed on several occasions with Mick Jagger, Queen, Iggy Pop, Al B Sure!, Tina Turner, Annie Lennox, Nine Inch Nails, Bing Crosby
- Lied about his bisexuality to give more mystery to himself
- In July 2004, underwent a triple bypass on his heart
- Voted #12 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists. I really don't know how this one happened, or how Mick Jagger got #4 while Steven Tyler got #21
In 1984, Bowie paired up with Mick Jagger and they both did a version of the Martha and the Vandellas hit Dancing in the Street. The video is on YouTube now. He has also gone in to acting. One of the movies he has been in is the movie The Prestige, with Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale, where he played Nikola Tesla. Some of the other movies he was in include Basquiat, which is about Andy Warhol, who he plays, he was in the SpongeBob Squarepants movie Atlantis Squarepantis, he did the voice of the Lord Royal Higness, he played a fashion judge in Zoolander, with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson, in Martin Scorcese's 1988 movie Last Temptation of Christ, he played Pontius Pilate, and in the movie Labyrinth, he plays Jareth, the king of the goblins.