Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Monday, August 29, 2011

Movie Review-Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly 1970
I bought this movie Wednesday in a pawn shop near my house. I didn't get to watch it until Friday, because I was the only one at home from 3:30 pm, which is when my sis got home, on. My dad was working late. So anyway, I watched this movie for the first time and I have to say--- I LOVE IT! It was a little slow in parts, but other than that, I certainly liked it. It was strange to hear Mick speaking with an Aussie accent instead of his usual accent, which someone I'm friends with on Facebook told me was an accent called Cockney and that there were various accents from England. Anyway the movie was cool. I give the movie a 5 out of 5 rating, a 10 out of 10!!
How the movie starts out. Strange seeing facial hair on Mick's face. Looks better without it!!!!!

This movie was the 2nd movie to tell the story of 19th century Australian outlaw Ned Kelly. The name of the movie is pretty self explanatory. It tells the story of how Ned Kelly was a farmer who resorted to crime as a way of making money. He started out stealing and eventually turned to murder.

Cast

  • Mick Jagger- Ned Kelly
  • Mark McManus- Joe Byrne
  • Clarissa Kaye- Mrs. Kelly
  • Ken Goodlet- Supt. Nicholson
  • Frank Thiring- Judge Barry
  • Bruce Barry- George King
  • Tony Bazell- Mr. Scott
  • Alan Bickford- Dan Kelly
  • Robert Bruning- Sgt. Steele
  • Alexander Cann- McInnes
There were a few problems with the movie, starting with the fact that the movie had been filmed in NSW, or New South Wales, instead of Victoria, where the actual Kelly family lived, and also the choice of the role of Ned Kelly. Some people thought it was ridiculous to use Jagger as Kelly because he wasn't Australian. When in fact he is actually half-Australian, from his mother, Eva Ensley Mary's side and half-British from his dad Basil Fanshawe Jagger's side. Jagger's then girlfriend Marianne Faithful had come to Australia with him to play the role of Ned's sister Maggie, but the relationship was falling apart, and also she had OD'ed on sleeping pills and had to be hospitalized and somehow ended up in a coma. And something unexpected during the making is Jagger accidentally shot himself. He was doing something with a gun his character uses when it backfired, injuring his hand. The armor worn by Jagger in the movie is now on display at the Queanbeyan City Library, NSW, and the initials MJ are scratched inside. The head piece of armor was sadly stolen.






1 comment:

  1. I didn't realise that Mick starred in a version of Ned Kelly, I've only seen the 2003 version which stars Heath Ledger, Orlando Bloom and Geoffrey Rush amongst others. I only bought it because I fancied the pants off OB! :-P But I think it's a really good film.

    ReplyDelete