Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Can You Believe This?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rolling-stones-ticket-prices/
There is both good and bad news for anyone dying to see the Stones b4 they die, like me!! If I ever said I wanted to see the Stones perform live, maybe I'll just forget about it. I can't afford the kind of money they're asking for tickets. Besides, they did concerts before I was born and obviously you can't reverse time, so you know what? I'll continue to listen to them, but as for any hopes of going to see them, screw it!

Good: They added another show to their 50th anniversary tour
Bad: Better be a millionaire to afford it!

On Dec. 8, 2012, they are playing a show at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. It will appear that the only way fans of the band can see the band perform some new stuff without having to pony up cash they don't have is when and if they do appearances on shows like Saturday Night Live, The Late Show with David Letterman, and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Otherwise, you'll be paying alot of pretty pennies to see these guys.

The ticket prices are right now going for around $170! I say, WTF? And if you want a VIP pass to the show, forget it! That is going for around $1,750.

According to Jagger "I don't think there should be a secondary ticket market. I don't think it should be legal."

During a recent Billboard interview, he said "To my mind, there has to be a better way of doing it, but we're living, really, with the way the system functions. We can't, in four shows, change the whole ticketing system."

He argued that "You might say 'the tickets are too expensive', well- it's a very expensive show to put on, just to do four shows, because normally you do a hundred shows and you'd have the same expenses."

No comments:

Post a Comment