Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Thursday, November 29, 2012

Going Back in Time

Do you ever wonder about if you could go back in time, would you? I always wonder what it would be like to go back in time to see some of the most influential points in history unfold before your eyes. Because as I look at history on the internet compared to what I learned in school, I discovered that what I learned in school compared to what I read on the internet, it's different: the teachers obviously didn't want us to know alot about history. Which really, pardon my French, really pisses me off! I wanted to learn about people like Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, but instead, in school, they only give a brief mentioning to. I think "Wow, if that's not discriminatory, IDK what is."

Here are some of the things I would like to go back in time to see.

-A Beatles concert. I would love to see them perform live before they broke up





-"I Have a Dream" speech. I would have loved to have been there and listen to Dr. King give the famous speech. Although, the part about living united is not exactly true. Even today, some whites and some blacks seem to hate each other. I hate racism!












-Early Rolling Stones concert. Maybe at Hyde Park or in one of those nightclubs, or even one of their tours.












-See England before the bombing in the 1940s. I would just love to see what it looked like before the Germans nearly bombed London out of existence. I can't imagine what it was like to grow up amidst the bombing!















-Woodstock. What can I say? I'm a hippie at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment