- Drink green tea
- Take a nap
- Go outside
- Get fresh air
- Get some sun
- Take deep breaths
- Watch TV
- Listen to classical music(You gotta be kidding! My recommendation would be something like jazz, soul, R&B, Latin music. More calming)
- Go to the gym
- Eat more fruit and veggies
- Go for a walk
- Eat something healthy
- Talk to a friend or family member
- Do some muscle exercises
- Read a favorite blog
- Call your mother
- Read a magazine about something you like or some kind of travel
- Go somewhere with an amazing view
- Don't drink so much coffee!
- Drink more water. Your body will thank you, not to mention your kidneys!
- Go swimming or go for a spa day
- Get a massage! Nothing says relaxation like a good ol' muscle rub!
- Open the darn windows!! Let the fresh air in!
- Listen to calming music on MP3/iPod
- Clean your room so it's not messy when it's time to hit the hay(go to sleep)
- Take a day off work!
- Go to the nearest beach and walk in the shallow water. Nothing says calm also like the sound of rushing waves
- Drink lemon ginger tea. Those Chinese are quite clever on relaxation
- Get a stress ball and squeeze it to relax
- Watch a funny movie/TV show
- Eat some Chinese noodle soup
- Read a favorite book
- Go to a sporting event you like
- Get a game system(Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 2 or 3, etc) and just play games for an hour or so.
- Go out and study a topic that fascinates you but does not relate to your source of stress
- Take a hot shower and let the room steam up
- Go to a favorite restaurant and eat a meal you like
- Plan a vacation to a desired destination, one you have always wanted to go to
- Stop eating so much sugary stuff. It'll give you the jitters
- Unsubscribe to blogs that you don't really need or read as much as other ones
- Stop reading the News Feed on social networking sites
- Pick up a hobby you dropped
- Drink warm milk
- Turn on music and dance like no one else is around but you
Hug a stuffed animal. Nothing says calm like a big, smushy teddy bear, stuffed dog, alligator or stuffed bulldog
|I love big, smushy teddy bears. they have to be really fuzzy though|
|I have one just like this at home. I thought it was an Australian dingo, nope. It's an African Wild Dog. I still call it a dingo; I even named it something Australian: Hugh, after an actor I like|
|I have one like this too|
-Watch a funny movie or TV show. For me, watching Mr. Bean, Wallace and Gromit or Monty Python and the Holy Grail always does it in for me. By the end, my eyes are watering I'm laughing so hard!
-Listen to music. My recommendation: Like I said up above, R&B, jazz, soul, Spanish guitar, Latin, Oriental flute music, or just any kind of Asian music in general usually does perfect.
|Seal. My "go-to" guy for R&B|