Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Could Ozzy Osbourne Become "Sir"?

You read it right. It's being considered that Ozzy should be knighted. Now, if anyone knows how the knighting process works, you have to make some kind of contribution to arts and humanities in the name of England. And also, knighthoods are given at the Queen's choice, so knighthoods aren't always given to everyone. Can't imagine what she'll think when she hears this guy's name come up for a possible knighthood...
Ozzy, who proclaims himself "The Prince of F---ing Darkness", is being considered for a knighthood. It's said that an Australian woman named Helen Maidiotis started the idea on the website Causes and according to this report, Madiotis was originally hoping to have all the members of Black Sabbath receive the same high honor, but instead decided on Ozzy first. Personally, I think it would be cool to see all the guys in Black Sabbath with "sir" in front of their name, pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm the woman behind the campaign, and yes I too would have really wanted the whole of Black Sabbath Knighted but the UK Cabinet replied to one of my emails telling me that it is highly unlikely that I would be able to get them all knighted and to best concentrate my efforts on the prominent member which is why I chose Ozzy.. Thanks for blogging about my cause. Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete