Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Thursday, February 28, 2013

Apparently There's No Love Lost Here

Jo Wood
It's no clever surprise that Ronnie Wood of The Rolling Stones lived the rock n' roll lifestyle: drugs, sex and rock n' roll. But in a tell-all memoir penned by his ex-wife, Jo Wood, goes into detail about it

The aptly titled "Hey Jo", which is to be published Feb. 28, goes in to great detail about former model Jo Wood's marriage to the Rolling Stones guitarist. She describes her husband's infidelity, cocaine use, alcoholism. Freebasing was the way Ronnie did it and it was not how Jo took drugs.

When Jo would catch her husband with other ladies, he would simply tell her that they were "drinking buddies". But, through the many little battles they've had, she has stayed by his side. “I became so caught up in Ronnie’s illness that at times I felt like I was drowning in his alcoholism,” she writes. “It had reduced me to an insecure wreck. But the instant he got up on stage all was forgiven. It still gave me goose bumps. He was my guitar hero. Sometimes I’d stand in front of the stage, look up at him and think: ‘I’m married to a creative genius, there’s no doubt about it.’ In those moments I was so proud to be his wife that it seemed worth putting up with a bit of swearing.”

Most recently, Ronnie slipped back into alcoholism and went into rehab in 2010 and has managed to stay sober ever since. They met in 1977 and divorced in 2009. And last year in December, he married theatre producer Sally Humphreys, who is 31 years younger than he is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment